Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe is from a great, long-gone magazine called Good Food. It is very filling and great if you are on a low-calorie diet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- freshly-ground pepper
- 1 ounce Fontina cheese, diced
- Microwave oil, peppers, and garlic in a microwave-safe dish on high 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over hot split baked potato and microwave 30 seconds.
- Spoon pepper mixture over cheese.
This recipe is a great find. Tastes delicious and is quite a bit lower in calories than your regular bacon sour cream version. I do not micro wave so I baked the potato, cut it in half (serve 2 people) put the chopped pepper & garlic on top, added the cheese and returned it to the oven for 15 minutes. I used Light Havarti cheese - Lovely recipe enjoyed by both of us. Thanks for posting Allecia