Recipe by SilentCricket
Looking for a taste of the islands....(Cook time does not include cooking chicken or turkey)
- 2 fresh pineapple, with fresh green leaves
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked and chopped chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each pineapple lengthwise in half, through the green top.
- Then cut in half again, making 4 wedges with green leaf tops.
- Remove fruit and cut into cubes, removing any eyes and fobrous core.
- Drain shells upside down.
- Combine pineapple cubes, chicken, and celery; cover and chill.
- Mix mayonnaise, chutney, and curry; cover and chill.
- Just before serving, drain fruit mixture.
- Toss lightly with mayonnaise mixture, banana slices, and peanuts.
- Fill pineapple shells.
- Sprinkle with coconut and garnish with orange sections.