Recipe by Member #610488
Different types of cheese can be used: Gruyere, Emmental, Raclette, Fribourg vacherin, Sbrinz, Appenzeller cheese as well as Comte savoyard and Beaufort. Some people like to use cut-up vegetables as well.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb swiss cheese, shredded and at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ground black pepper, to taste
- French bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir 1/4 cup of the broth into the cornstarch until the mixture is smooth. Set it aside.
- Rub a fondue pot or 2-quart saucepan with cut sides of garlic and discard the garlic. Add the remaining 3/4 cup broth and wine to the fondue pot.
- Heat over medium heat until hot but not bubbling. Add the lemon juice. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until it melts before adding more. Add the cornstarch mixture and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper. Keep warm. Serve with bread cubes for dipping.