1/4 Photos of Fondue Scones
Adapted from the October 17, 2009 issue of Family Circle Magazine. Submitted by a reader, Shelly Fisher, who created it after having Swiss fondue in Europe. I don't think the garlic works, so I have made it optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 3Cut in the cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Add wine and cheese and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- 5Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 6Knead 5 to 6 times. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle.
- 7Cut dough into 8 wedges.
- 8Place wedges 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- 9Brush tops with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fondue Scones
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g