Fondue is usually associated with Savoy and Switzerland, this brings a great twist on the normal fondue. Normandy is known for its cheeses, and it is very common to eat many of these hot and melted so this is a great mix of different French cuisines.
- Remove the cheese rind, cut into pieces.
- Rub the fondue pot with garlic.
- Put the pieces of cheese in the fondue pot.
- Add the cornstarch diluted with warm cider on low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Then add salt, pepper and the calvados .
- Enjoy as you would normal fondue.