- 1 garlic clove
- 8 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 1 lb emmenthaler cheese (coarsely grated)
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese (grated)
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons cream
- grated nutmeg, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- French bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove. Heat wine carefully, do not boil.
- Add cheese and stir until smooth. Beat egg yolks with cream and add to fondue pot. Blend, add seasoning and stir until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Serve with french bread, cut into 1 inch cubes.