Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Denis and I have had the most wonderful evenings with friends over our fondue pot. Lots of wine and great conversations. Some evenings lasting 4 or 5 hours. Hope you will all try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use 4-5)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth (I use Campbell's sodium reduced- fat-free broth)
- 0.5 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine or 1 cup water
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package French onion soup mix
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottleof heinz seafood sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in your fondue pot, and simmer for 1 hour.
- When you are ready to start, bring the broth to a boil.
- We usually have thinnly sliced beef (Chinese fondue beef), large raw tiger shrimp, scallops, portabello mushrooms, and chicken.
- Of course, you can have what ever meat and vegetables you wish.
- Guten apetit!
We loved this. Added more garlic as suggested and it was perfect!! Served it with chicken, beef tenderloin, Mahi Mahi, crimini mushrooms, baby potatoes and broccoli. We ate to our hearts content and had to keep adding water to the pot once the extra broth was gone. We had 5 big appetites. We'll need to double the recipe next time. VERY DELISH.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I made this for our New Years Day dinner with the family and we loved it. The broth is so flavourful (I left out the seafood sauce and lessened the amount of pepper as per other comments) I found that cooking in the broth made me feel less bloated and heavy feeling that I get with cooking with oil, plus the house smelled good with the broth. I had beef, prawns, chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and ramen noodles. I made a garlic butter for the prawns and a creamy mustard dip for the beef and chicken. Cook the ramen noodles separately and then add to broth and then you can spoon it out with a bit of broth to eat in a small bowl with the veggies. I look forward to making this recipe again next year or maybe earlier.
Looking forward to having this on Christmas Eve with family