Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe from Sharon Curtis at http://www.science.uva.nl It's very similar to The Melting Pot recipe.
- 2 lbs steak fillets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (paste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- To make the tomato sauce heat the oil in a saucepan add the shallots and cook gently until soft. Stir in the garlic tomatoes with their juice and tomato puree (paste).
- Season with salt and pepper bring to the oil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 mins or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Stir in the parsley and serve hot or cold.
- Cut the steak into 1inch cubes and put into a serving dish. Each person spears a cube of meat with a fondue fork and immerses the.
- meat in the hot oil to fry. The meat cube is cooked according to individual taste.