Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
As I am a chocolate-lover, this has to be one of my favourite desserts. Chewy chocolate on the outside and a heart of melting chocolate. this is heaven in your mouth. Great served with strawberries or raspberries.
- Melt the chocolate (microwave or over hot water bath).
- Add 80 g of butter to the chocolate until it has melted and incorporated with the chocolate.
- Beat the egg yolks with 40 g of sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Delicately first add the egg yolk mixture to the chocolate, then add the egg whites.
- Butter 4 small moulds and sprinkle bottom and sides with the remaining sugar.
- Put the chocolate mixture in the moulds and place in the fridge.(You could make this ahead, at the time of serving proceed here).
- Preheat the oven at 190 °C. When oven is hot enough put the moulds in the oven for exactly 12 minutes. Demould the chocolate cakes and serve immediately. If you have beautiful moulds you could also choose to leave it in there and serve as it is.
When I picked this recipe I thought it was going to be a challenge. It really wasn't though. As far as prep it was very easy. Getting them on the plate in a pretty fashion, not so easy. When I tried to plate them they just fell out in a blob. The blob was very tasty though! I think next time I will cook one or two minutes longer. Also, you didn't post what kind of choclate to use, so I used semi-sweet. It was a little too bitter for my taste so next time I will use milk chocolate. Thanks so much for the recipe... I will make again with a few changes and post to let you know how they turned out.