Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These potatoes are peeled and baked whole. They get a nice golden brown and are very soft inside. Potatoes should be medium size. If they are larger, cut them in half. (thanks, Loof, for the tip)
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 103.53 ml unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled (or other waxy potato)
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled and crushed with the flat edge of knife
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (or vegie broth)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Put oil and butter in a baking dish. Put dish in oven until butter melts.
- Add potatoes and garlic and turn to coat all sides of potatoes. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the broth and rosemary and bake another 15 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and potatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve. (discard garlic).
These potatoes are nice enough to serve for company. They are nice looking as well as great tasting. I sprinkled dried rosemary as thats all I had. Loved the garlic flavor!! Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.
What a terrific recipe Mike. We really enjoyed the small yukon gold potatoes, prepared this way. They were quick and easy to make, with wonderful results; great flavor and the texture was perfect, crispy on the outsidde and creamy and tender on the inside. Made exactly as written wouldn't change a thing. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Family Picks Round
Simple, elegant, and delicious. The only thing I did differently was to sprinkle chopped rosemary right onto the potatoes at the beginning. They smelled wonderful while baking, too! I will make these again. Made for ZWT8. YUM