1/2 Photos of Fondant Aux Poires Et Au Gingembre (Choc Ginger Pear Fudge Cake)
From FamousFrenchDesserts.com, "An exquisite experience. Elegant, rich & it really melts in your mouth!" Posted for ZWT 5 & I made it for the first time after the event. The original recipe did not specify what size or shape baking dish to use so I have made changes below according to what I did when I tested it. It feels strange to leave a review on my own recipe (I don't usually post a recipe without having tried it first) but I want to be honest about this cake not really knocking our socks off. The actual making of the cake was very easy. I chose to use a 10 inch round springform pan hoping that it would be the best option for arranging the pears. I used 2 anjou pears & one from New Zealand, sliced into 3/4 inch slices, fresh ginger & it all baked up in 32 minutes. I thought the batter was thick & difficult to spread over the pear "star" without disturbing the arrangement so either double the batter or a smaller pan, maybe a pie plate (using less pears) would allow for a thicker cake instead of "a little cake with my pears". I really loved the combination of chocolate & ginger but felt the pears were overwhelming and not quite as sweet as we would normally like. We ate it both warm & cold but we still weren't sold on the pears. I may try a raspberry version with the cake & if I do I'll post it. If you try this recipe, please feel free to offer any constructive criticism & if you find a baking dish or technique that works I'm open to editing this again (giving credit where credit is due, of course). Thanks! *Tink
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Butter baking dish (I used a 10-inch springform pan).
- 3Peel pears. Cut into thick slices. Place slices, going from center to the edges, on bottom of baking dish. It should look like a multi-tipped star.
- 4Combine the flour, yeast, ginger & cocoa powder. Stir.
- 5In another bowl, mix the butter & sugar until smooth.
- 6Stir in both eggs, one at a time then slowly add flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- 7Pour batter into baking dish over pears.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until the blade of a knife inserted in the center of the fondant comes out clean.
- 9Turn off the oven but leave fondant inside, with oven door open, for 10 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar & serve slightly warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fondant Aux Poires Et Au Gingembre (Choc Ginger Pear Fudge Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 135.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g