Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A most elegant looking cake , but so easy to make.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 oranges, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 orange (for decorating)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in sugar, flours, baking powder, butter and orange zest.
- Pour into 9-inch round greased cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Unmold while still warm and sprinkle with orange juice mixed with orange liqueur.
- Slice an orange thinly for decoration.
- Place in center of cake.
This is a cake that makes me drool over it every time I make it:) It is one of the simplest, most delish and most impressive cakes I have ever made!
I followed the recipe exactly and found this cake very bland. Some of my friends liked it, but it just didn't do it for me.