Recipe by happynana
This recipe is from Rachel Ray's web site. A nice change from the mayo type tuna salad. I fixed it for lunch today and used whole pita bread instead of Italian bread. It was sort of like a mini tuna pizza. I also used Italian blend cheese since I did not have any fontina cheese on hand. Enjoy.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sicilian green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 large garlic clove, peeleed and halved
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl whisk together lemon juice and anchovy paste.
- Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Mix in tuna, celery, onion, basil, olives and capers.
- Season with pepper.
- Lightly toast both sides of bread on baking sheet under broiler.
- When toasted, remove and rub one side of each slice with the garlic.
- Cover each bread with a quarter of the tuna salad.
- Top with cheese.
- Melt under the broiler.