Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
DH and I made this for dinner last night and thought it was excellent. Another winner from Keiko O Aoki's "Easy and Healthy Japanese Food for the American Kitchen." DH and I doubled the green onions and found the salmon had to cook for significantly longer (about 20 mins) than what was posted in the recipe (though we realize oven heating times vary). This was very easy and required very little prep. I should mention that I always use reduced sodium soy sauce (I prefer San-J Tamari).
- In a bowl, mix all marinade ingredients.
- Cut salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a shallow pan, place the fish and add the marinade. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the green onions at an angle. Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms and cut the tops in half.
- In a baking pan, place a sheet of aluminum foil long enough to make a pouch. Place the ingredients on the foil in the following order: green onion on bottom, marinated salmon, and shiitake on top.
- Fold the sides and ends of the aluminum foil to make a pouch; make sure to seal tightly so juices don't flow out.
- Place inside oven 10-20 minutes at 400 degrees F or until done. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes and serve.
I used fresh caught pink salmon, onion, mushrooms, parsley instead of red pepper flakes. I also added 1 tbs. butter and the marinade sauce on top of all. I baked for 20 min. and although it was done I guess I'm just not use to eating steamed salmon and didn't really enjoy it. It was good but I think I would prefer it fried or baked (not in a foil package).<br/>Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Terrific! I'll definitely be doing this a lot as I bought a 1 lb container of miso (didn't have a smaller size and, in Greece, when you find something you BUY it.LOL). Loved the savoury/sweet element - everyone enjoyed this. Thanks.
Very good and easy salmon. I didn't have any sake, but otherwise followed the directions as written. I had to use reconsituted mushrooms without any problems. So easy and so good! Served with asparagus for a wonderful and easy dinner. Thanks for sharing!