Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These hot dogs are great for quick dinners, on the BBQ or for camping...and are always well received! Because they are cooked in foil, they have a handy wrapper to hold them without getting your hands messy. Very good! (I cut the calories in half by choosing turkey or non-fat hot dogs and light or non-fat mayo and cheese slices).
- 1 lb hot dog (10 to a pack or adjust recipe accordingly)
- 10 hot dog buns
- 10 slices American cheese
- 10 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 20 teaspoons pickle relish
- 10 pieces aluminum foil (12 x 12 pieces)
- catsup (to taste)
- mustard (to taste)
- Spread each Hot dog bun with 1 t. mayonnaise. Place one piece of American cheese in each bun and then place one hot dog on top of cheese. Spread 2 t. pickle relish on top of each hot dog. Wrap each hot dog combo in foil, crimping the ends and edges.
- Oven: Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F. oven.
- BBQ: Bake for 20 minutes over low heat turn every 10 minutes.
- Campfire: place over low coals, turning frequently for 20 minutes.
I made these for the kids, their friends and a handful of parents and they all loved them! Even those who don't normally like hot dogs enjoyed these. I especially liked that they were neat to eat and clean up was a breeze. We are definitely going to have these again!
I am giving this 5 stars for the sheer brilliance of the idea! I know we will love them! We all adore hotdogs in our house and I look forward to trying these. I will re-review when we have had them.
No way, get out of town...great idea!