Recipe by Likkel
These hot dogs are great for quick dinners, on the BBQ or for camping...and are always well received! Because they are cooked in foil, they have a handy wrapper to hold them without getting your hands messy. Very good! (I cut the calories in half by choosing turkey or non-fat hot dogs and light or non-fat mayo and cheese slices).
Top Review by Faithfull
I made these for the kids, their friends and a handful of parents and they all loved them! Even those who don't normally like hot dogs enjoyed these. I especially liked that they were neat to eat and clean up was a breeze. We are definitely going to have these again!
- 1 lb hot dog (10 to a pack or adjust recipe accordingly)
- 10 hot dog buns
- 10 slices American cheese
- 10 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 20 teaspoons pickle relish
- 10 pieces aluminum foil (12 x 12 pieces)
- catsup (to taste)
- mustard (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each Hot dog bun with 1 t. mayonnaise. Place one piece of American cheese in each bun and then place one hot dog on top of cheese. Spread 2 t. pickle relish on top of each hot dog. Wrap each hot dog combo in foil, crimping the ends and edges.
- Oven: Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F. oven.
- BBQ: Bake for 20 minutes over low heat turn every 10 minutes.
- Campfire: place over low coals, turning frequently for 20 minutes.