Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking in a tightly sealed foil packet keeps all the flavor and moisture trapped inside, allowing one VERY lucky person to enjoy a terrific, flavorful, and healthy dinner. Diabetic Exchange, if made with Diet Mountain Dew: 4 very lean meat, 1 and 1/2 vegetable.
- 6 ounces halibut steaks
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 slices lemons
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup diet Mountain Dew soda or 1⁄4 cup regular Mountain Dew soda
- black pepper
- Place fish in the middle of a 20 inch long piece of foil, and place vegetables all around fish.
- Fold edges of foil up and add soda, then tightly seal edges to form a packet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily, being careful of steam when opening foil.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.