Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Foiled again..!! The favorite part of this meal will be the easy clean-up. The foil holds the juices in while the soup mix flavors the meat and vegetables. Great recipe for camping too.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) chuck steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry onion soup mix or 1 (8 ounce) packagebeefy onion soup mix or 1 (8 ounce) packagesavory herb with garlic soup mix
- 3 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Place chuck steak on a large enough piece of aluminum foil to completely cover meat and vegetables. Place in center of a baking sheet; spread dry soup mix on top of steak meat.
- Add potatoes, carrots and butter on top. Seal foil and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until vegetables are soft. Remove from oven and serve hot.
I have made this many times with Girl Scouts and they were always welcome & tasty. We used the herb flavor soup mix and wrapped everything into individual foil pkts. We often offered optional veggies for the girls to add if they wanted... sliced onions, mushrooms, zuchinni, celery, etc. Served with a salad & bread it made an easy meal. Reviewed for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.