Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Emril Lagasse make this on his show the other day and just had to try it.... It was just wonderful and I had to share it with my friends at the zaar.... It so easy and quick to put together.... Next time, I'm going to try it on the grill....
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) whole salmon, side scaled, with skin, pin bones removed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse salmon fillet under cold running water and pat dry.
- Cut a piece of foil long and wide enough to encase the salmon when folded over the center and folded up on the ends.
- Position the foil on a large baking sheet and place the salmon in the center of the foil, skin side down.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the lemon slices over the fish fillet along with the sliced onion and garlic slivers. Drizzle the fillet evenly with the olive oil.
- Fold the edges of the foil up over the salmon and crimp to seal. Fold the edges together on both ends to create an airtight package.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through but still moist. Serve immediately, using a large metal spatula to portion fish. Serve some of the accumulated juices spooned over the fish.
I always come back to this salmon recipe, it's definitely one of my favourites. Thanks!
Very nice! I enjoyed the lemony flavor and the rosemary was quite nice too! Thanks gert! Made for PRMR.
Oh this is good. All of the flavors work so well together, and the salmon is very moist. I cut this in half for 3 6 oz fillets, and it worked very well - although I just lightly sprinkled the fillets with the salt and pepper instead of measuring, and I'm sure I used less. I look forward to making this again, thanks for posting!