A no clean-up meal. Only 3 WW points.
Make and share this Foil Wrapped Oriental Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces frozen baby carrots, defrosted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in bite-size strips
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- hot cooked rice, optional
- 4 reynolds wrap aluminum foil, bags
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- If carrots are still frozen, run under cold water to thaw.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place one chicken breast in each foil bag along with baby carrots, mushrooms and red pepper strips.
- Divide evenly.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and ground red pepper.
- Drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
- Close ends securely.
- Place each foil packet on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- To Serve: Carefully open end of foil packet to let steam escape.
- Place vegetables over cooked rice topped with sliced green onions.
This is a super easy, tasty recipe - thanks! I also used fresh veggies - carrots, pea pods, mushrooms and red peppers. My only complaint is that the chicken was kind of dry...because everything's in foil, it's hard to monitor how done everything is getting. I'll definitely make this again, but will probably pound out the chicken a bit next time?
While looking for an easy meal to make my god child and I came across this recipe. So easy to make with hardly any mess. Instead of frozen we chose to use fresh, like carrots and snow peas. Everybody loved this recipe. I will be making this recipe over and over again. Thanks for posting this recipe for us to try. Sorry I did not find this recipe sooner.