Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy, delicious, inexpensive, and NO clean up!
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 carrots, 1 inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Have 2 large pieces of 18 inch wide, heavy duty foil.
- Put meat in the center of foil.
- Cover with soup mix.
- Place vegetables on meat.
- Dot with butter.
- Fold over and seal securely.
- Put on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425* for 1-1/2 hours.
This was very easy to prepare and very tasty with these simple ingredients. Because we're harvesting right now it was nice to keep the individual portions ready and warm until each of my family had a break to stop and eat. I didn't use all of the onion soup mix as it has a lot of salt and does have a strong flavor - probably used a good teaspoon in each packet. Thank-you MizzNezz.