Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Be creative--add any veggie you like that will complete cooking in 40 minutes. A meal all in one that you can prepare the night before. I have also taken these camping to throw on the grill for an easy, mess-free meal.
- 4 white-meat chicken quarters or 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut 4 10-inch squares of heavy duty foil.
- Pour 1 Tbs oil on each sheet of foil; spread to cover foil.
- Place chicken on foil squares.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder Combine onion, green pepper, parsley, and tomatoes; toss.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Fold and seal foil.
- Place foil packs on cooking sheet and bake at 425F for 40 minutes. Serve chicken from foil packets.
- Be careful when opening packets; steam is trapped inside.
Another great campin' recipe!! I prepared the chicken in a ziplock bag, and had the vegetables chopped and ready in another ziplock. I froze the chicken and threw it in the cooler like that, by day 3 it was thawed, and I made up the packets. So easy and delicious!! Thanks for another great camping recipe!!
I used olive oil instead of corn oil and used defrosted onion and peppers instead of fresh. The next time I'll add more herbs as we thought it was bland.
Great recipe. I cooked on the bbq because it was a hot day and didn't want to heat the kitchen.My guests all loved it. I think I'll use it when I go camping this weekend.