These are magnificient in spring!! but why wait for spring, I do these all year round, in winter I use shallots and small peeled packaged fresh carrots and imported asparagus, especially when we're looking for that "spring feeling",sometimes longed for in the middle of a cold spell. It's worth the little extra cost! Originally from Smart Cooking by Anne Lindsay.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, blanch pearl onions for 2 minutes, drain.
- 2Cut off root end and gently squeeze to remove skin.
- 3In another large pot of boiling water, blanch carrots for 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold running water, drain again.
- 4Snap tough ends from asparagus.
- 5On large piece of heavy duty foil, arrange veggies in a single layer.
- 6Sprinkle with water, dot with butter and add bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- 7Fold foil over veggies and seal.
- 8Bake in 375 oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foil-Steamed Spring Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 258.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g