Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my sister's friend from Norway. Easy to make and delicious. One pouch is made for each serving. Pouches can me made ahead of time and popped into the oven later.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, for each serving about 1-inch thick
- 2 -4 yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 2 -4 carrots, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- butter, sliced in pats
- sour cream
- fresh dill
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a piece of foil layer; sliced Potatoes, pats of Butter (don't be shy), sliced Red and White Onions, Carrots, more Butter pats, Sour Cream, Dill, then Salmon filet, skin side up. Top with slices of Lemon.
- Tightly close foil using Dutch fold lengthwise and roll up ends.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes. Place pouch on plate and serve with wild rice.
- Note: If using fillets 1/2" thick, you may want to quick blanch the sliced Potatoes and Carrots so they will not be too crunchy.