These are great to fix the night before going camping and grilling for dinner when you arrive so you can enjoy the whole day hiking or fishing.
- 1 lb ground beef or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced potatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- assorted herbs, to taste
- spices, to taste
- Divide beef in half (if using) and form into flat patties. Season generously according to personal tastes. Place each patty in the center of a large square of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place a layer of potatoes on top of the meat followed by the carrots, mushrooms, onions and finish with the drained stewed tomatoes. Fold the foil around t he contents to form a tight packet. Cook on a hot grill, turning occasionally for half an hour to forty-five minutes.