Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend brought a similar recipe to a potluck.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices lemons
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 stalks fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle paprika and cayenne pepper on both sides of the tilapia fillets.
- Place each slice of lemon in a piece of foil, large enough that it can be folded to fully cover the fish. Add garlic to each of the four.
- Top each lemon slice with a piece of fish and tomatoes.
- Add a stalk of fresh rosemary to each foil pack and seal foil. Place in a baking dish (to catch any juices that might escape during cooking).
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
This is my style of cooking. Wrapping the fish in foil helps to keep it moist. It also makes clean up a breeze. This was served with a foil wrapped packet of asparagus and mushrooms. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This recipe just did not work out for us. I don't know if our fish was bad or we just didn't like the taste (hence the no stars) I usually love your recipes Starry so I'm sure this was an oops on my part. I apologize!
The flavor of lemon and rosemary is a great combination. I used sliced tomatoes, otherwise followed the recipe. It had a great flavor, but we found it to be floating in juices, this is the only downside we saw, it could have been the tomatoes or just very moist tilapia.