Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend brought a similar recipe to a potluck.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices lemons
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 stalks fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle paprika and cayenne pepper on both sides of the tilapia fillets.
- Place each slice of lemon in a piece of foil, large enough that it can be folded to fully cover the fish. Add garlic to each of the four.
- Top each lemon slice with a piece of fish and tomatoes.
- Add a stalk of fresh rosemary to each foil pack and seal foil. Place in a baking dish (to catch any juices that might escape during cooking).
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
I just made this for dinner tonight and it was wonderful. I did not have any lemons but used lemon pepper instead and sat the fish on sliced onions. It needed 20 minutes to cook as they were quite thick (basa fillets). This is a keeper. Thank you.
This is my style of cooking. Wrapping the fish in foil helps to keep it moist. It also makes clean up a breeze. This was served with a foil wrapped packet of asparagus and mushrooms. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This recipe just did not work out for us. I don't know if our fish was bad or we just didn't like the taste (hence the no stars) I usually love your recipes Starry so I'm sure this was an oops on my part. I apologize!