Recipe by lauralie41
This taco chicken dinner is made to taste like the recipe I received in an email from a popular name brand website. A very quick and easy meal for those busy weekends. Also included in the Zaar World Tour 2005, Mexico.
Top Review by Lou
Sounded so good but was disappointed. We sliced the potatoes super thin as previously suggested cooked it longer and they were still not done. Chicken was bland. Would not recommend it.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, Taco Bell Home Originals
- 2 cups potatoes, thinly sliced peeled
- 1 cup cheese, Shredded Kraft Mexican Style
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, Taco Bell Home Originals Garden
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, Breakstone or Knudsen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix evenly over chicken, set aside. Using four large sheets of aluminum foil; place 1/2 cup of potatoes on center of each sheet. Layer one chicken breast, 1/4 cup of cheese and 2 tablespoons of salsa on each pile of potatoes.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Place each packet, in single layer, on a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no pink juices, and potatoes are fork tender. Remove the packets from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits in each foil packet to release steam before opening. To serve, place one packet on each of 4 plates and top with sour cream.