Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Kraft Foods Fall 2008 Food and Family magazine. Foil packages can be made and refrigerated 1 day ahead of time before baking.
- 354.88 ml instant rice, uncooked
- 354.88 ml hot water
- 14.79 ml taco bell home originals taco seasoning mix
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 118.29 ml Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky salsa
- 236.59 ml shredded mexican-style taco cheese
- Heat oven to 400. Fold up all sides of four 18 x 12" sheets of heavy duty foil to form 1" rim; spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto center of foil sheets. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bring foil sides up. Double fold top and ends to seal each package, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packages.
DH and I really liked this. I used long grain rice and cooked it first. I added the taco seasoning to the rice while it was cooking. I served this with guacamole which made it even yummier!