Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Perfectly steamed Tilapia over colorful Fiesta Rice. A delicious way to prepare fish and the clean up is a breeze.
For The Fish
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 dash Mexican oregano
- 4 sheets Reynolds Wrap Foil, 12X12, heavy duty
For The Rice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 dash cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Cook the rice (stove top or rice maker), add the tumeric and salt to the cooking water, the rice will turn a beautiful yellow color. When cooked, let it cool off, can be made ahead.
- Mix the marinade for the tilapia filets: oil, citrus juices and a dash of mexican oregano, marinate fish filets for up to one hour, not more or the fish will "cook" in the juice.
- Lay out 4 12 X 12 squares of heavy duty reynolds wrap, put 3-4 slices of lemons on one side of each and top with the fish filets. Season with salt and lemon pepper and spoon the marinade over. Fold the second half over and crimp the sides tightly, tuck the ends under.
- Lay the packages on a baking sheet and bake @ 375 for 12 - 15 minutes. Let the package rest for a few minutes, then open carefully, watch out for steam escaping.
- In the meantime, heat a tbsp of oil in a heavy skillet and saute the onions until golden. Add the peppers, corn and jalapeno and cook until soft, Add the rice and black beans and heat through. Season with salt and cumin.
- To serve, spoon a portion of rice on each plate, lay the fish on top, spoon the accumulated sauce over the fish and rice, garnish with the lemon slices and sprinkle some chopped cilantro over. Enjoy!