Recipe by AmyZoe
I had some already made pesto in the fridge, so this was quick and delicious. I can't remember eating more delicious salmon. I doubled the recipe, and it was supposed to be leftovers but there weren't any. Recipe courtesy of Kalyn's Kitchen. Recipe adapted from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450. Place a baking sheet in oven to heat while you prep the salmon.
- Tear two pieces of foil (big enough to wrap salmon with some overlapping).
- Place foil pieces one on top of the other.
- Put about 2 teaspoons olive oil in center of top piece of foil and lay salmon on top of oil.
- Spread each piece of salmon with about 2 teaspoons basil pesto.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes over pesto so they cover the top of the salmon.
- Wrap salmon securely in foil, doubling over the seam and ends several times.
- Place salmon packet on heated baking sheet and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven after 15 minutes and let sit 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then open carefully and serve immediately, while salmon and tomatoes are hot.