1/1 Photo of Foil-Baked Salmon With Basil Pesto and Tomatoes
I had some already made pesto in the fridge, so this was quick and delicious. I can't remember eating more delicious salmon. I doubled the recipe, and it was supposed to be leftovers but there weren't any. Recipe courtesy of Kalyn's Kitchen. Recipe adapted from Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Place a baking sheet in oven to heat while you prep the salmon.
- 2Tear two pieces of foil (big enough to wrap salmon with some overlapping).
- 3Place foil pieces one on top of the other.
- 4Put about 2 teaspoons olive oil in center of top piece of foil and lay salmon on top of oil.
- 5Spread each piece of salmon with about 2 teaspoons basil pesto.
- 6Arrange sliced tomatoes over pesto so they cover the top of the salmon.
- 7Wrap salmon securely in foil, doubling over the seam and ends several times.
- 8Place salmon packet on heated baking sheet and cook 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven after 15 minutes and let sit 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Then open carefully and serve immediately, while salmon and tomatoes are hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foil-Baked Salmon With Basil Pesto and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 37.3 g