Adapted from America's Test Kitchen, The Best Simple Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 white fish fillets, 1-inch thick (skinless 6-8 oz. each)
- salt and pepper
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 9.85 ml minced chipotle chiles in adobo, divided
- 4.92 ml grated orange zest
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 453.59 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 473.18 ml corn kernels
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat to 450 degrees.
- 2Pat the fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, mix together the butter, 1 teaspoon chipotle, orange zest, half the garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a medium bowl until well-combined. Spread butter mixture over the fish.
- 3Combine the beans, corn, onion, scallions, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon chipotle, remaining garlic, green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
- 4Lay four 14-inch lengths of foil on the counter and divide the bean mixture evenly over the lower half of each piece of foil. Top with fish and fold the foil over the fish, folding the edges to seal.
- 5Arrange the packets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the fish is just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully open the packets and sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foil-Baked Fish With Black Beans and Corn
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 366.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo