Recipe by Darlene Summers
I got this recipe from "Cooking for the Health of It". It is a cookbook prepared by Butter Buds and Sweet & Low. When I had by-pass surgery, I used this recipe to help lower my cholesterol. I do not usually care for baked fish, but I really liked this recipe. By using Butter Buds, you save 188 calories and 70 mg on cholesterol per serving, so if there are any people out there who need to watch their diet, this is a good recipe.
- 4 (1/4 lb) fish fillet
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2 g) packetpowdered Butter Buds (butter substitute, made into liquid)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (I used more salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On 4 separate pieces of aluminum foil, arrange 1 fish fillet with 1/4 cup mushrooms.
- Combine Butter Buds, onion, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour over each fish fillet.
- Wrap up each serving tightly, sealing ends well.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.