24 hrs 20 mins
Jeffo french's Note:
Well it's one of the must of the French gastronomy and will be on most of the Christmas table families. It's very easy but we warn you to handle the liver with a very special care.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare and open the liver at the ambient temperature on a plastic tablet with your hand.
- 2With the peak of a sharp knife follow the blood vessels and through it away; The trick is to put the peak of your knife just under the vessel. No needs to pull it strongly just open it delicately.
- 3One the most important vessels are away, put salt, peppers and brandy on the liver.
- 4Let it marinate for 12 hours at least.
- 5The day after, put your oven at around 150°C--it's important to follow carefully the temperature of the liver.
- 6Put it in a small size clay form (20 cm diameter max) with large boards, for 20 minutes; your oven should stay at a regular temperature for 30 minutes.
- 7Leave it for 3 hours in your freezer.
- 8Cut in 1-inch slice. Put it on a roasted bread and enjoy it with a not dry white wine.
You Might Also Like...View All Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foie Gras
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 292.0 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: