Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Well it's one of the must of the French gastronomy and will be on most of the Christmas table families. It's very easy but we warn you to handle the liver with a very special care.
- Prepare and open the liver at the ambient temperature on a plastic tablet with your hand.
- With the peak of a sharp knife follow the blood vessels and through it away; The trick is to put the peak of your knife just under the vessel. No needs to pull it strongly just open it delicately.
- One the most important vessels are away, put salt, peppers and brandy on the liver.
- Let it marinate for 12 hours at least.
- The day after, put your oven at around 150°C--it's important to follow carefully the temperature of the liver.
- Put it in a small size clay form (20 cm diameter max) with large boards, for 20 minutes; your oven should stay at a regular temperature for 30 minutes.
- Leave it for 3 hours in your freezer.
- Cut in 1-inch slice. Put it on a roasted bread and enjoy it with a not dry white wine.