Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A beefburger with added bite, suitable for grilling (broiling) or pan-frying.
- 1 lb prime minced beef steak (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 inch cubed boursin cheese
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, adding the breadcrumbs and yoghurt last, in order to grade the consistency of the mixture.
- Form into burgers (patties), rest for 30 mins, in a fridge if possible.
- Cook slowly in a grill (ridged) pan in a little oil, alternatively, brush with oil, place under salamander (broiler) and cook until slightly brown on both sides.
- Best served without a bun, with fried onions and pont-neuf potatoes.
Oh, these were delicious!!! I couldn't find 'boursin' cheese but I looked it up to see what it was and found what I think is a close substitute - Laughing Cow's Garlic/Herb cheese (the spreadable kind that comes in wedges). I made thick patties and grilled them - they were so tender and juicy. Served with mashed potatoes and sauted mushrooms, they were terrific!