Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
Top Review by mianbao
This turned out quite good. I strictly followed the recipe for the dough, making it by hand. I divided the dough between two 9-inch round cake pans. I put topping on one and left the other plain, except for some chopped green onion (which was a bad idea because it charred.) I made my own pizza sauce, instead of using the bought sauce indicated here. I found out in the end, my sauce was a little too watery - there was one wet place in the finished bread. I used fresh oregano in the bread and fresh basil in the sauce. Maybe because of the herbs, the bread smelled wonderful while it was baking. It took the plain bread about 5 minutes less time that the topped bread, to be done. I baked the topped bread the full 25 minutes. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. I'm sure I'll enjoy the bread.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons herbs (ANY combo of dill, oregano, basil, rosemary)
- 1 package yeast
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup spicy spaghetti sauce (I used Classico)
- 1⁄4 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, slivered
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- DOUGH SETTING Special instructions: If dough is too sticky because of oil; add
- up to 1/2 cup flour by Tablespoons until you reach the correct consistency.
- After the dough has completed the first rising,remove from b/m and punch down.
- Cover on lightly floured board and allow to rest 5-10 minutes.
- Spray a 9x13x2 pan with Pam, or brush with olive oil.
- Briefly knead dough and spread i nto pan, using hands to achieve a "bumpy texture".
- Form a low ridge around the edge of the dough.
- Push dough into corners.
- The bumps and ridge will allow the topping to stay in place. Brush surface with olive oil.
- You can cover and allow to rise, and bake at this stage, or continue on for Tomato & Cheese topping.
- TOPPING: Combine tomato paste and spaghetti sauce. Spread on dough.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly over sauce. Press gently into dough.
- Cover & allow to rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Slide out of pan onto cutting board.
- Cut into small pieces for appetizers or large wedges for dinner.
- This bread rose almost to the top of the 2" pan.
- It could be sliced in half for sandwich bread.