This is a wonderful Greek style bread. I use red onions but you could use white.
Make and share this Focaccia With Onions, Rosemary and Feta Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast rising yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (130F degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, whole wheat flour, yeast and salt.
- Stir in water, olive oil, honey and garlic.
- Stir in enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft.
- Set aside.
- Lightly spray a 11 by 7 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat or roll dough to fit pan; Brush with remaining teaspoon of oil.
- Spread onions evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese and rosemary.
- Cover lightly with kitchen towel and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.