1/3 Photos of Focaccia With Cheese and Onion Topping
3 hrs 58 mins
3 hrs 40 mins
Lizzie in NZ's Note:
This is a light, delicate bread, topped with caramelized onions and cheese. Cubed ham makes a tasty addition. The dough for the bread is made in the ABM. Note: My ABM is older and takes 2 1/2 hours for the dough cycle and is included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gluten flour
- 1 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/3 cups water (luke warm)
- 1Place the ingredients into your ABM in the order specified for your machine. Set it on the dough cycle.
- 2When the dough cycle has beeped, LEAVE the dough in the machine for another 30 minutes. It will continue to rise again.
- 3Preheat your oven to 190°C Grease a 9 1/2 x 13 1/2 x 1/2 inch pan with some cooking spray or a little olive oil.
- 4Tip out your dough onto a lightly floured work area and roll into a rectangle to fit baking pan. You will hear all the air bubbles popping as you roll.
- 5Once the air bubbles are gone, place in pan, patting it into the corners.
- 6Leave to rise for 15-20 minutes. While dough is rising prepare topping.
- 7Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté the onion rings on medium heat until golden and caramelized, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Have your ham cubed and cheese grated and set aside. Now back to the dough.
- 8Make indentations with forefinger approximately 1 inch apart all over dough.
- 9Place caramelized onions evenly over dough. Scatter the ham over, and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and coarsely ground black pepper.
- 10Bake at 190 degrees C for 15-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia With Cheese and Onion Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2611.4
- Calories from Fat 745
- Total Fat 82.8 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 205.7 mg
- Sodium 5471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 370.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 91.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: