1 hr 40 mins
A wonderful recipe from Napa Style. Blue cheese and honey....mmmmmmm!!
My Private Note
11x17 f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 2 cups whole milk, heated to lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbled for topping
- 2 tablespoons honey, to drizzle for topping
- 1In a large bowl, or the work bowl of an electric mixer dissolve yeast in the milk.
- 2Add sugar and 1 cup of the flour.
- 3Mix well and let stand in a warm place about 15 min for the yeast to activate.
- 4Mix another 2 1/2 cups of flour into the yeast mixture with the dough hook attachment until smooth.
- 5With the machine running, add 1 cup and knead for 6 minute.
- 6Turn out onto a board and lightly knead in remaining 1/2 cup flour, if needed.
- 7The dough should remain rather wet to ensure a soft and light bread.
- 8Shape the dough into a ball and put it in a oiled bowl.
- 9Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 20 minute.
- 10Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- 11Press dough with your fingers to gently stretch dough to fit in the pan.
- 12Then use a rolling pin to lightly flatten.
- 13Oil an 11x17-inch baking sheet with 1/3 cup olive oil. Line with parchment paper and brush the paper with oil. (This just makes it easier to get the bread out of the pan after baking.).
- 14Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- 15Using your fingertips, nudge the dough into a rectangle.
- 16Cover and let rise again until doubled, 30-40 minute.
- 17To bake, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 18Make indentations all over the dough by pressing with your fingertips being careful not to puncture all the way through the dough.
- 19Brush olive oil over the top, filling in the wells.
- 20Sprinkle the salt and rosemary over the surface.
- 21Bake until crisp on the bottom and golden brown on top, about 30-35 minute.
- 22Top with crumbled blue cheese and drizzle with honey.
- 23Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia With Blue Cheese and Honey
Serving Size: 1 (1459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4108.6
- Calories from Fat 1376
- Total Fat 152.9 g
- Saturated Fat 57.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.6 mg
- Sodium 6531.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 67.0 g
- Protein 129.2 g