Sanzibar ;-)'s Note:
I use a large foccacia loaf to make one big sandwich that can be sliced into appropriate serving sizes. My husband and son can have larger size sandwiches, while my daughter and I can have smaller sizes. I also use this recipe for entertaining, by making several large sandwiches and then slicing them into smaller size servings and securing with colorful toothpicks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large round focaccia bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb oven-roasted turkey breast (from deli)
- 12 slices cooked bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf (or spinach or arugula)
- 1 large sliced tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1Preheat oven broiler.
- 2Slice the foccacia bread in half horizontally so you have a top and a bottom piece. Place on a cookie sheet with the cut sides up.
- 3Mix the olive oil, garlic powder, and oregano in a small bowl. Brush each cut side of the bread round evenly with the oil mixture.
- 4Place under the broiler until the bread slightly browns (watch closely - this only takes a few minutes).
- 5Remove the bottom bread section from the cookie sheet. Place the provolone cheese evenly on the top bread section. Return to the broiler until the cheese is melted (again, watch closely). Turn off the oven.
- 6Finish building the sandwich on the bottom bread section by piling on the basil, avacado, turkey, and tomato. Add the top bread section, and slice into servings.
- 7I like to serve this sandwich as a meal with Italian chicken tortellini soup or tomato soup.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia Turkey Bacon Club
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.7
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 958.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: