Recipe by Sharon123
This makes a great gift! Put in a basket with the spices, a jar of pesto, olive oil, and maybe a baking pan and a wooden spoon. Rising time is estimated.
Top Review by Mary W.
I liked the idea of the gift mix... but when I tried out the recipe before I made any for gifts, I thought it was too hot. If I make it again, I will definitely cut the red pepper flakes to about 1/2 teaspoon. And maybe sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top.
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast (1 package or 2 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and store in an airtight container.
- Blend the mix, warm water, and 2 tbls. oil with a dough hook or wooden spoon until smooth. If it is dry, add water by the tablespoon. If it sticks, add a bit of flour. Knead until smooth. Transfer to an oiled bowl, turn to oil all over, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Punch the dough down and roll into a 13X9" rectangle.
- Brush with remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt; bake 5 minutes. Pop air bubbles with a fork and continue baking until golden, about 8 minutes more. Remove from pan and cut into 3" squares.
- Serve warm with pesto. Enjoy!
- Write the recipe out and attach to jar with a pretty ribbon.