Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My version of Italian flatbread, brushed with olive oil and flavored with grated Parmesan cheese, galic salt bread heavenly. Cut it into squares and top with Prosciutto Panino rolled in Mozzarella cheese and toasted under the broiler for 5 min.... oh my, this is dangerously good! It is so easy to make. Can't wait to have this with a bowl of soup or top with Pizza topping, or to just dip in garlic olive oil. This comes from a bread machine cookbook with instructions to layer ingredients liquid first. Yummers! :) Family Favorite! (Cooking time does not include dough cycle or rising)
- 177.44 ml plus 3 tbsp. water, 90-100 'F
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml dry milk
- 51.76 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast or 7.39 ml bread, machine or 7.39 ml fast rise yeast
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.78 ml italian seasoning (grinder)
- 6.16 ml garlic salt (to taste)
- BREAD DOUGH CYCLE:.
- Add lukewarm water to pan.
- Add bread flour, dry milk, sugar and salt to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into corners. Place butter into corners of pan.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast, lock pan into bread maker.
- Program for DOUGH. Start bread maker. When done, remove pan from bread maker. Place dough onto floured surface. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Knead dough about 1 minute. Roll dough into a rectangle to fit a jelly roll pan or large cookie sheet, about 15x10 inches. Place on greased pan and press dough evenly into pan forming an edge. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 20-30 minutes until slightly risen. With handle/end of wooden spoon, make indentations in dough at every inch. Brush dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning (Grinder) and garlic salt.
- Bake in preheated 400' F oven for 12 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool slightly and cut into squares for serving. Can be served warm or cooled.
- Sit back and enjoy the raves ;).
This was just wonderful. It was so flavorsome. I made a pizza with it. Will make it many more times I'm sure. Thanks for the recipe.
So yummy! We had it with some veggie pasta for dinner and the leftovers will be used as sandwich bread! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Sooooooooooo good...we loved it! Excellent recipe thanks