1/10 Photos of Focaccia Bread With Three Topping Choices
2 hrs 10 mins
We use the bread machine, but you can make it without too...just mix the yeast with the warm water and sugar, to get things started, then add the oil, salt and flour (along with whatever herbs you like). Cooking time includes rising time for the dough
My Private Note
12x8 fl ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup hot water (lukewarm)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 5 -8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1Add to bread machine in order specified by your owner's manual; set controls to DOUGH or PIZZA (mine goes for just under an hour).
- 2At the end of the cycle, place dough on a seasoned baking stone (mine is a rectangle) or a pizza pan.
- 3Preheat oven to 400.
- 4Press or roll dough out to edges of pan; let rise 10-30 minutes depending how patient and/or hungry you are! While this is rising in a WARM spot, prepare one of the toppings (below).
- 5Make random indentations with fingertips over top of dough; the toppings will fill these spots.
- 6HERBY TOPPING: In a small sauce-pan, heat olive oil, add herbs as this heats, then add garlic; allow to sizzle for about 30 seconds (do NOT burn); remove from heat; drizzle over bread dough; spread with back of spoon; sprinkle to taste with salt.
- 7ONION TOPPING: Melt butter in small sauce-pan, add onions, saute until golden (or transparent); remove from heat, add mayo; spread over focaccia dough.
- 8OLIVE TOPPING: Mix all ingredients, spread over dough.
- 9BAKING DIRECTIONS: Bake for 20 minutes (nicely tanned); cut or tear into serving portions.
- 10OTHER IDEAS: Use flat bread for panini sandwiches OR wedges to dip into soup or stew OR unbaked as a base for your pizza.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia Bread With Three Topping Choices
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.5
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 890.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: