I stole this idea from a restaurant called the Economy Shoe Shop in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I fell in love with it and almost bit the servers hand off when he tried to take away the leftovers. My home made version is just as good (and extremely filling)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oil, cashews and vegetables in frying pan and saute. I like mine when it turns into a slimy mess of goo, but whatever floats your boat.
- 2Meanwhile, cut focaccia rolls in half and broil, face up, for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
- 3Top buns with veggie and cashew concoction, then top with the goat cheese.
- 4Broil in oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is mostly melted.
- 6Experiment with the vegetables or nuts you use!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia Bread Piled High With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 384.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light goat cheese