Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I stole this idea from a restaurant called the Economy Shoe Shop in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I fell in love with it and almost bit the servers hand off when he tried to take away the leftovers. My home made version is just as good (and extremely filling)
- 2 focaccia rolls
- 6 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 2 ounces light goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine oil, cashews and vegetables in frying pan and saute. I like mine when it turns into a slimy mess of goo, but whatever floats your boat.
- Meanwhile, cut focaccia rolls in half and broil, face up, for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
- Top buns with veggie and cashew concoction, then top with the goat cheese.
- Broil in oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is mostly melted.
- Experiment with the vegetables or nuts you use!