2 hrs 45 mins
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
My family loves this bread & it is so easy to make. I serve it with Italian food. It is adapted from a recipe in Pizza, Focaccia, Flat, & Filled Breads From your Bread Machine. You may substitute herbs in the topping, or use fresh. The original recipe calls for a roasted vegetable topping, but I am going to post that as a separate recipe because the bread alone is great. (Cooking time includes rising times & will vary with your bread machine cycle).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Place the ingredients into the pan in the order recommended by your bread machine.
- 2Program the machine for "dough cycle".
- 3Check dough about 10 minutes before the end of the 2nd kneading cycle.
- 4It should be a smooth, sticky ball.
- 5Adjust if needed with more flour or water.
- 6When the machine has completed its cycle, transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
- 7Roll or pat it into a large rectangle, about 17x12 inches.
- 8Transfer the dough onto a large, lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 9Let it rest 10 minutes then pat it back to its original shape if it has shrunk.
- 10Cover with a towel and let rise for about forty minutes or till puffy.
- 11Sprinkle the salt & herbs over the bread.
- 12Press into the dough at intervals with your fingers& sprinkle with the olive oil.
- 13Bake the focaccia in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- 14Remove from the oven & cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1988.5
- Calories from Fat 813
- Total Fat 90.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4097.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g