Recipe by luvmybge
This is a recipe from King Arthur flour. It's the best Focaccia-type bread I've ever made. I put little chunks of Asiago cheese in my bread and topped with some crushed rosemary, oregano and garlic powder. It's a no-knead and very easy to put together recipe. The original recipe calls for pizza dough flavoring and Vermont cheese powder. Zaar wouldn't recognize these and made it say VERMONT CHEESE SAUCE.. which isn't what the recipe calls for. It's Vermont cheese POWDER. Plus the recipe calls for Pizza Dough Flavor which Zaar turned into Pizza dough. So please just make sure you understand that I couldn't figure out another way to rewrite the recipe, Thanks. I omit them both with no problem to the recipe but have copied the recipe as written in case you'd like to use those optional ingredients.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
So easy and so good. I had the KAF Pizza flavor but not the cheese powder. Used the feta cheese and topped with course salt, kalamata olives, garlic grilled onions. Sprinkled on Italian seasoning and Paprika for color. Served with Spaghetti dinner and loved it, just what we were wanting. I'm planning on ordering the cheese powder and doing this many more times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (1 1/4 ounces, plus additional for drizzling)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour (14 3/4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 4 teaspoons pizza dough, flavor (OPTIONAL, Not Pizza dough but Pizza Dough Flavoring)
- 1⁄4 cup vermont cheese sauce mix (OPTIONAL, Vermont cheese powder not cheese sauce mix) (optional)
- pizza seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it’s become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- After dough rises, gently poke the dough all over with your index finger.
- Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread till it’s golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make cheese-stuffed bread: Add 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or your favorite cheese) to the dough after it's been kneaded for 60 seconds.