Make and share this Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 ounce sugar
- 12 ounces water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon pesto sauce
- olive oil, to lightly coat
- Sauté onions and garlic, in a small amount of olive oil.
- Let mixture cool.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- On low speed gradually add the yeast and the onion mixture.
- Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Retard overnight in a plastic bag, in refrigerator, next day: bench dough for 15- 30 minutes.
- Roll and stretch dough to fit a lg cookie sheet.
- Proof for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly spread top with olive oil and sprinkle a few grains of salt over top.
- Finish with any ingredients you desire (chopped olives, bleu cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pineapple, etc.) and just before baking sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Color should be pale.
- Serve at room temperature.