Recipe by Hanka
Once you try this recipe you will never buy Focaccia bread again! It is very simple and easy to make. The dough is made in bread-maker so machine does the hard work for you! You just bake it in your oven. This lovely recipe comes from bread-maker recipe booklet.
Top Review by mummamills
excellent and easy! Made this at my daughters house, and she didnt have powdered milk, so I subbed some milk for the water. I liked the one without the tomatoes better, and the little bit we had leftover , I toasted for breakfast. thanks for a "keeper" made for Aussie swap, Feb 2012
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 480 g bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 330 ml water, room temperature
- cherry tomatoes, for topping (optional)
- olive oil, for brushing
- salt, dry basil, rosemary and thyme for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients in the bread maker in the order listed.
- Select the program "Pizza-dough" 45 minute Press start.
- When program is finished remove the dough on lightly floured surface and divide in 2. You will have 2 Focaccia.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Fan oven to 180°C.
- With your rolling pin shape the dough into flat rectangle about 30cm long and 15cm wide.
- Place on lightly sprayed baking trays. With your finger push the dough and make few holes all over. You can top Focaccia with few cherry tomatoes.
- Cover with tea towel (cling wrap will stick) and let it rest in warm place for 20 minute.
- Brush Focaccias with olive oil (carefully not to disturb the dough) and sprinkle with salt flakes, dry basil, rosemary and thyme.
- Bake until golden brown about 20-30min.