Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Once you try this recipe you will never buy Focaccia bread again! It is very simple and easy to make. The dough is made in bread-maker so machine does the hard work for you! You just bake it in your oven. This lovely recipe comes from bread-maker recipe booklet.
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 480 g bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 330 ml water, room temperature
- cherry tomatoes, for topping (optional)
- olive oil, for brushing
- salt, dry basil, rosemary and thyme for topping
- Place the ingredients in the bread maker in the order listed.
- Select the program "Pizza-dough" 45 minute Press start.
- When program is finished remove the dough on lightly floured surface and divide in 2. You will have 2 Focaccia.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Fan oven to 180°C.
- With your rolling pin shape the dough into flat rectangle about 30cm long and 15cm wide.
- Place on lightly sprayed baking trays. With your finger push the dough and make few holes all over. You can top Focaccia with few cherry tomatoes.
- Cover with tea towel (cling wrap will stick) and let it rest in warm place for 20 minute.
- Brush Focaccias with olive oil (carefully not to disturb the dough) and sprinkle with salt flakes, dry basil, rosemary and thyme.
- Bake until golden brown about 20-30min.
excellent and easy! Made this at my daughters house, and she didnt have powdered milk, so I subbed some milk for the water. I liked the one without the tomatoes better, and the little bit we had leftover , I toasted for breakfast. thanks for a "keeper" made for Aussie swap, Feb 2012
WOW! I had only 330 g flour on hand a dozen cherry tomatoes and for this reason I scaled down the recipe.
It came out veeeery soft and delicious. We ate this hot with green beans salad. Yummy!