Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces strong flour
- 0.25 (1/4 ounce) packet yeast (a whole sachet of easy yeast will make a kilo of bread ( 2lbs)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 fluid ounces water
- place the flour, yeast, sugar and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the liquid to finger hot and add the oil.
- Add to the flour and make a soft dough knead for 5 minutes, adding a little flour to your hands if it gets too sticky.
- Put a little olive oil in a clean bowl and place the dough inside.
- Place in a warm spot with a damp tea towel on top till doubled in size.
- Knock the dough back and leave it for another proving.
- Then you can just cut it up or make it into one loaf whatever you want.
- Get the oven hot about 230oc and bake till the bottom is brown, you should be able to tell if its done.