Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- 7.08 g package yeast
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 591.47 ml unbleached flour
- sea salt
- green olives (optional)
- onion, chopped (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with olive oil, 1 teaspoons salt, and sugar.
- Stir in the flour a little at a time; when you can no longer stir, turn the dough onto a floured board and knead till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and let rise till it has doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Shape the dough into an oval 1/2 inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Make decorative cuts on the top of the loaf with a sharp knife. Place the loaf on an oiled baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with coarse salt(also sprinkle with optional chopped olives or chopped onions, if desired).Let rise 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Bake loaf for 20-30 minutes, until bread is nicely browned.
- Serve hot from the oven.
This was easy and super good, I topped it with oregano, tomato, salt, pepper and olive oil and it was amazing. Thanks (:
For once I didn't tweak the recipe. This came out great; we sliced it up and tossed it back in the oven with pizza toppings on it. Delicious! I'll upload a photo in a bit, too.
Nice basic focaccia that works well. Ended up using about 1/2 cup extra flour during the kneading as the dough was a bit sticky to begin with. Added olives but not the onions and it tasted good. A bit of rosemary would make this recipe superb. Worth the effort.