1/1 Photo of Focaccia
7 hrs 5 mins
6 hrs 40 mins
Taken from a library book, with amended notes I've learned from making it a couple of times. We don't make this often, but when we do it turns out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the yeast in the water and wine.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and make a well in the middle.
- 3Pour in the yeast liquid and mix to a dough, then add the olive oil and mix to incorporate.
- 4Knead for 10 minutes, bearing in mind the dough will be quite moist, so keep hands clean and use a scraper to assist in the handling, using as little dusting flour as possible.
- 5Leave the dough to rise in a bowl covered with oiled clingfilm in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours, or until doubled in size.
- 6Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface, split it into two and mould them into balls.
- 7Pat the balls flat and extend them using your palms and fingers to discs around 10 inches in diameter, placing them on well-greased pizza pans.
- 8Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave them to prof in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove the clingfilm and dimple the loaves with fingertips, then replace the clingfilm and let them recover for up to 2 hours.
- 10Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F.
- 11Scatter sea salt crystals over the loaves and drizzle olive oil into the dimples. Bake for 20-25 minutes, spraying water into the oven with an atomizer 3 times in the first 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1445.9
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5835.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 235.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 33.5 g